Thursday, July 31, 2008

We Love Berries!

Last summer, I really wanted to go pick some berries, but I was so sick with my pregnancy that I just didn't get around to it. This summer, I decided I had to go. There are so many u-pick places around here, with everything from strawberries to marionberries to blueberries. My friend Kara is the ultimate berry picker, so she invited me to go with her the end of June for strawberries. Then, I went with her again in July to pick raspberries. The marionberries were finally ripe, so Lori and I went twice and picked some. I've made jams, pies, cobblers, and frozen some for future smoothies and treats. Here are a couple of pictures of Austin and Landon picking berries (usually more ends up in Landon's mouth than in his bucket! Thanks Lori for the pictures!)


1 comment:

Lori said...

Cam & I are both very jealous. Berries are expensive to buy around KS and they don't just grow like weeds on the roadside. We were just commenting on how we really missed marionberry smoothies and how we finished our last jar of marionberry jam. Maybe you could send us some of yours...