We had a great Fourth of July in Ashland this year. We went to the crazy Ashland parade, listened to the band in the park while eating our lunch, and enjoyed the great fireworks up on the college lawn. While Landon was sitting downtown in his chair, waiting for the parade to start, my dad said, "Landon, you are getting so big!" Landon quickly replied, "Yeah, I was two for a lot of times but now I'm three." :)
Here are a few pictures of our trip! (I should have just done a slideshow! I realized as I was adding them there were more than I thought!)

Landon dancing to the band. He loved the instruments in the parade, and he had Shane take him down to the bandshell so he could see them up close. Grandpa even got out his old trumpet and played it for him when we got home. He thought that was pretty cool!

Davis fell asleep for his morning nap minutes before the sirens came by in the parade, and then he never went back to sleep. When we got up to our blanket in the park, he just lay there for a long time, looking around, not making a peep. After about twenty minutes, he rolled over and fell sound asleep!

Relaxing in the park and listening to the city band.

We went ona walk through Lithia Park again on Saturday. Here's a picture of us on one of the many bridges going over the creek.

I'm not sure if you can tell from this picture, but this duck had about ten ducklings swimming around with her. Landon loved to watch them swim around!

Landon wanted to climb up in this rope jungle gym, with some help from Grandpa. He didn't want to stay up there too long though!

My great friend Bethany and her cute family were in town the same time as us, so we got together at Garfield Park and talked while the kids played in the water and the sand. Thanks Beth! It was so great to see you!!!

Here's Landon with his sparkler Saturday night. He thought they were pretty cool, and went through about five of them himself.

Me, Landon and Mom watching the firework show in our driveway. Dad and Shane did a pretty good job, except they were missing the famous crazy outfits my brothers always wear! You can see Landon's feet are up in this picture - he kept putting them up and asking me if it was okay to put them back down!

On Sunday, Landon did his usual game of taking off all of my mom's couch cushions and playing with them! I don't know why, but he always does that with her couch!

Davis and Landon on the living room floor.
2 comments:
you changed your blog! I like it. Great pictures of the ashland experience, and yes it's always just that!
Looks like you had a lot of fun!! wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment