
This is where we spent all of last week . . . at the Oregon coast! It was such fun. Shane's parents exchanged their timeshare for this one in Newport, Oregon at the Embarcadero Resort, right on Yaquina Bay. We could see this bridge out our window every morning. It was gorgeous weather the entire time we were there. We were so lucky! We did all kinds of fun things like flying kits, riding ATV's on the sand dunes, playing at the beach, visiting the aquarium, swimming in the pool, playing games, taking a boat ride, searching for beach life, visiting the lighthouse, shopping at the outlets, and visiting the Tillamook Cheese factory. Here are a few pictures of our trip, and the last one is a slideshow if you want to see more! Thanks again Kent and Christie for a great vacation!

At the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Davis was a big fan of the Bjorn last week, and was pretty much in it anywhere we went! Landon loved seeing all the fish and animals they had there.

The very first morning we were there, Landon discovered a little caterpillar on the ground outside our room. That was just the beginning of a week-long hunt for caterpillars. He would fill a paper cup full, bring them inside, then have fun knocking them down if they got too high in the cup. It became quite a challenge to convince him to let them go each time!

Everyone liked to play with Davis and enjoyed his great smile! Of course, sometimes, they also enjoyed his pouty face, although we didn't see that too often!

This picture is of Landon out on our balcony observing some starfish.

Here's Landon and Shane at the beach flying their kite. It was almost too windy for kite flying!

Shane, Kent, Landon, Mark, and Melanie all went on a boat "cruise" out on the ocean.

Shane and me on our ATV's on the sand dunes. I almost didn't go because I was going to stay with the kids, but Christie's back hurt and Kent didn't want to go, so I decided to be brave. I was a little intimidated at first when I saw the huge sand dunes, but soon I figured it out and had a lot of fun driving around. I only had to have Shane and his brothers help pull me out once or twice. :)
Here is a slideshow of the rest of our trip. Hope you enjoy!
3 comments:
looks like you guys had a blast!! LOVE those sunset pictures...I am jealous!!! Glad to have you back!
What a wonderful trip. There is nothing better than hanging out with a great family, having a good time together.
Wow---it looks like everyone had a fun time doing all those things! I wish we could have been there to join in. I'm so glad we'll be closer soon so that we won't have to miss out on great family stuff like that. Keep enjoying summer!
Post a Comment