Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My Little Caterpillar

In my previous post, I mentioned how Landon loved to find the caterpillars at the Oregon coast. Well last night, he was ready for bed, lying on the floor, and he said he was a caterpillar. He still had some toys out from the day, so I asked him if the caterpillar could pick up some toys. He is one clever boy, because his answer was, "No mom, I'm a caterpillar, so I don't have any hands. I just have toes and a mouth." But, being the even more clever mom that I am, I quickly answered, "Well then, little caterpillar, I guess you'll have to clean up your cars with your toes and your mouth." And he did! He put his cars in his mouth, then dropped them in the bucket. Then he picked some up with his toes.

Yesterday, he also took these ABC stickers I had got in some junk mail and asked if he could play with them. I said sure, and then went back to what I was doing. Next time I saw him, he looked like this.
He thought he was pretty funny. You'll have to check out the picture. Today, he found this horse puppet that we have, and he has been wearing it on his hand all day. He talks with it, and it helps him do things, like eat his dinner. Tonight, he said his prayer before going to bed, and the whole time, he had the horse in his hand "talking" too. I'm not sure if that's being completely reverent, but oh well!

5 comments:

becky said...

That's hilarious! I can't wait to see the little caterpillar in a couple weeks!

Cindy G said...

My kids have always loved stickers, too. And I love that he cleaned up his toys with his mouth and his toes. And what a fun vacation with all the Malans. I haven't seen most of you guys since Christmas. Hope things are going well!

Ashley and Ben said...

Landon is so grown up! But I have to say your family pictures and the one of just the two of you are really cute! We miss you guys.

Lori said...

I love your family pictures. Your friend did a great job. Hope you had fun in ashland.

Jenny Bobo said...

He is so cute! I wish I loved closer so he and Jaxon could play. I'm pretty sure they would get along GREAT! Hope you are doing well!