Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cousins, Rice Cereal, Elephants, and Swimming Lessons

It has been a couple of weeks since I've posted on here, so I thought I would put a few miscellaneous pictures up here to show you what we've been up to. Just after my last post, I went to Utah for a Morris family reunion while Shane went to Chicago for a work training. Shane took the camera, so I didn't take any pictures of the reunion, but we did meet up with Keither, Alexys, and Laci, my nieces and nephew who are visiting from Alaska, and Shane's parents in Salt Lake one evening. Here is a picture of Grandma and Grandpa with all their grandchildren.


All the kids - Landon and Laci are both 3. They were pretty funny together, trying to hop on one foot and jabbering away.

Just after returning from our trip, I decided it was time to feed Davis some solid foods. Shane did the honors. Here are a couple of pictures of him eating some rice cereal. You can see that Landon (and rocket) had to be in on the action as well.



And, just because we had to, here is a short video of Davis's first solids. You'll notice in the video the big pile of rice cereal on the high chair. Davis got a little excited to see the food, and he knocked over the bowl just as Shane set it down on the high chair tray. We also had to give Davis a spoon to hold onto himself because he kept trying to grab it out of Shane's hands. (Warning: This video is not too exciting. Intended mainly for grandmas and grandpas, and maybe an occasional aunt or uncle)


Landon woke up one morning this week still a little sleepy I guess, because he walked out to the living room with his blanket, curled up in this chair, and lay there for about fifteen minutes. He didn't ever fall back asleep, but I sure thought he had for how quiet he was laying there!



On Saturday, Landon found a sock out of Shane's drawer and wanted to be an elephant. He wanted me to attach it to his face somehow, so I found a headband I put around his head. Don't worry, the sock was clean.



For the past 2 1/2 weeks, Landon has been going to swimming lessons. Let's just say he is less than excited about it. Usually he is fine once we get there. Luckily, his friend Austin Woodley is in the class, and I can usually convince him to go with the reward of going to the park with Austin afterwards. The first picture is of him about to put his ear in the water (he hates doing it), and the second is of him blowing bubbles in the water. I think we're going to need just a few more rounds of lessons before he is a swimmer. :)


4 comments:

Wendi Anderson said...

Wow...all those pictures are making me miss the kids! I'm glad you guys got to hang out with them for a bit that evening. Boy, everyone is growing fast...our move can't happen soon enough...we want to see everyone again!

Kent & Christie Malan said...

Landon, hang in there! Swimming is so fun once you get used to all the stuff you have to learn. Blowing bubbles in the water is a great way to begin your swimming experience.

Kent & Christie Malan said...

Hey, I have to comment more on the other pictures! Davis, what an exciting time for you - eating rice cereal is the ultimate for a guy your age! Landon, we think you're a darn cute elephant with you dad's old sock on your nose! Thank goodness it's clean though! And picking berries with your friends had to be a blast cuz you got to eat the good stuff while you worked! Keep having lots of fun up your way! We sure miss all of you. Alexys and Laci keep asking about all of you, wondering where you are. Keep having a fun summer! Love, G & G Malan

K Julie said...

LOVE the elephant idea--Landon's AND mom's. You're both very creative.