My youngest sister Camille had her first baby, a baby girl, less than two weeks before Asher was born. She was actually due two days before me, but Avery came a little early. On Sunday night, Bryce and Camille arrived with Avery for us to meet her for the first time. Bryce has an internship with EY this summer in Seattle, so they stopped by on their way through from Ashland. We were all excited to meet her, especially Asher. :) She was as cute as can be!
Monday, we decided to go downtown since Bryce has never really been to Portland. I’ve had this walking tour of the fountains downtown Portland I’ve been wanting to try for awhile, so we decided to do part of that. Unfortunately, some of the fountains weren’t turned on, but it was still fun to walk around and enjoy the sights.
On our way home, we got some McDonalds for lunch, then stopped at the Rose Gardens to eat and “smell the roses.” We always like to smell them and see which ones are our favorites. Camille found one this time that smelled like raspberries. James loved smelling them, but I’m not sure if he’d actually smell anything since he would blow out on the flowers instead of sniffing the scent in. We would see the petals on the flowers blow as he “smelled” each one.
After we got home, Shane’s cousin Ben and his wife Carli were driving through on their way to Seaside, so we got to visit with them for a few minutes too. I didn’t get a picture, so Ben or Carli, you’ll have to email me the one you took! It was a good way to pass the day and keep me distracted from thinking about Asher’s surgery tomorrow. My mom arrived around 9:00 that evening, and I snapped a quick picture of her holding him before we put him to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment