Thursday, July 12, 2012

Forest Park {July 12}

One of the great things about living in Portland is that there are so many nature areas right in the middle of the city.  On Thursday, my friend Kara and I took our kids on a hike on the Wildwood trail, a trail that weaves through part of Forest Park and connects to over 30 miles of trail.  It is beautiful in there, with a little creek and completely covered in trees, ferns, and other greenery.  You feel like you are hiking in the middle of the forest even though you are within the city limits of Portland.

The hiking started out fairly well, with all six kids happy and enjoying the scenery.  James refused to get in the Kelty pack, so I let him walk, but after about 20 minutes he fell down and wanted me to hold him.  The next little while was a struggle to get him to go in the pack or walk.  Finally, by the time we turned around, I made him get in there and tried to distract him for awhile until he calmed down and forgot he didn’t want to be in there.  :)  It did eventually work, and although I then had to carry him on the uphill trek back to the car, it was nice to have him happy!

JLM_6892  JLM_6898

The kids before we left, and a picture of me and the boys after we finished the hike.

1 comment:

stacey said...

looks like fun!