April 12 and 13 was the FBLA State Conference that I recruit and coordinate judges for every year. My mom was great again and came up to watch the boys for me while I was away for the two days. They had fun playing games, going to the park, looking at the caterpillars she brought, and she even put them to work to clean off the kitchen chairs! I’ll have to remember that I a good job for them to do. Even James got in and helped them!
After I finished the conference Friday evening, we were lucky she could stay around one more day. On Saturday, we drove down to the tulip festival in Woodburn, an annual tradition. This was the first time my mom had been able to go. The weather was nice, and we were lucky to get there before it got super crowded.
Playing with the ducky races
Having fun in the hay playground
Going down the big slide
Three cute tulips – I like how Davis and James are looking over at Landon in the first one.
Davis and James trying out the wooden shoe car
Something we hadn’t ever done before while there was ride the cow or shoe train. This year, my mom got them all tickets, and they loved riding through the tulip fields in the cows!
My mom stayed around a little longer to watch Landon’s baseball game that afternoon, and then left that evening so she could be home for church Sunday. We were so glad to have her come and visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment