At 9:12 am this morning Asher was born with no surprises! He weighed in at a healthy 9 pounds 6 ounces and 21 1/4 inches. Everything went as expected and Jessica was awesome! She is continuing to recover and trying to keep up with how much Asher is eating so far. He did actually nurse for a few minutes before they took him to the NICU, and he is eating great there too which is somewhat abnormal for a baby with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
I have been in the NICU feeding the baby from a bottle, changing diapers, and doing my best to keep him calm as they give him EKGs, draw blood, monitor and measure all sorts of things! We're so grateful to have both our Moms here and Jessica's Dad. They are a great strength to us, and have helped us so much. Thank you all for your prayers and support. We feel very blessed already and know our little Asher is strong and will do great. Dan and I were able to give Asher a priesthood blessing and we feel he will be taken care of by our Heavenly Father in many ways. Here are some pictures with some more to come:
| Asher Robert Malan |
| 9 Pounds 6 Ounces! |
| Finally, there's my Mother! |
| Looks a lot like Davis did! |
| First Bottle |
| Happy Big Brothers (James was sick so he has to wait) |
| Grandma Malan and the boys with Asher |
| Grandma Morris and James |
| Grandpa Morris and the boys |
11 comments:
Congrats!!!!!
Congrats Malan family and welcome, baby Asher! I can't wait to meet him and congratulate you in person. I'm crying with joy right now that he came through beautifully and is well. God is and has been with you all :)
I am so happy he is here. He is so darling. I cannot believe all of his black hair. Jessica you are such a strong person. I hope you have a good recovery. It's amazing how much faster it seems you can recover when your focus is on something else. At least for me. We will continue to keep your precious boy and your family in our prayers.
I had chills come over all of me I read that you had given him a blessing. There is such an amazing feeling with the power of the priesthood. May Heavenly Father continue to bless all of you!
We love you
rachel
He is so sweet and looks like another Malan boy. Lots of prayers and thoughts coming your way. LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! and thanks so much for the quick update I've been dying to see what he looks like. He's an Asher Robert. I LOVE his name!
What a darling boy. Congratulations! And I voted for Asher on your poll, so I am pretty excited about that. We are praying for you!
Malan family, we are in love with him too! We hope you feel the collective heart beat and love from many. We love you. oxo Sue and Scott
What a beautiful boy!! Know that you're all in our thoughts and prayers. Heavenly Father is blessing you. There is no doubt.
What a bundle of joy to finally be here, so precious! Heavenly father will unconditionally bless Asher and your family! What an amazing feeling for Asher to know he is so loved by three brothers who look anxiously happy! Muhammad's have kept the Malan family in our prayers and we will continue to do so! We love you guys so much and call if you need anything!!!! *XOXO*
Congratulations!!! 4 beautiful boys! You have such an amazing family. I pray your new little one will do well through his challenges and you also. I can't imagine what you are going through. Glad you have family to help. Prayers for the best!
Congratulations!! Asher is adorable. Love the name choice. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
YAY! Way to go Malans! Way to go Asher (LOVE THE NAME). Much love!
Post a Comment