Sunday, August 05, 2012

Packer Visit {July 31–August 5}

I was excited when Becky decided to come and spend a few days with me in Portland with her living in Seattle for the summer.  She cam down on Tuesday with Bennett and Ryan, and Nate rode the train down Friday to spend the weekend with us.  We had a lot of fun hanging out, shopping, and watching gymnastics and other Olympic events.  Here are a few of the activities we did:

1.  I had a little Olympics activity with some friends, so Becky and her boys joined us.  Becky took some pictures while I helped run the events. 

  DSC_0006  DSC_0008

The 3-5 year-old race, and Bennett and Davis hanging out between heats.

DSC_0018  DSC_0019  DSC_0027

The high jump

DSC_0036  DSC_0040DSC_0044  DSC_0045

The relay race

DSC_0053  DSC_0055  DSC_0056

The gold medals

2.  We went to the park and fountains in Wilsonville.

DSC_0065  DSC_0071 DSC_0072

Going down the big slide

DSC_0074  DSC_0089  JLM_7381JLM_7383  JLM_7386JLM_7391  JLM_7392JLM_7395  JLM_7398

3.  We ate popsicles and played in the backyard.

JLM_7400  JLM_7404JLM_7407  JLM_7409JLM_7411  JLM_7413JLM_7416  JLM_7419JLM_7421  JLM_7422JLM_7373  JLM_7374

4.  We went to Shane’s company picnic, and the kids played in the bounce house and in the water (it was about100 degrees that day!)

JLM_7428  JLM_7430JLM_7432  JLM_7433JLM_7437  JLM_7439JLM_7443  JLM_7445

Shane and I competed in the egg toss.  We made it to the final three, but then the egg broke in my hand as I caught it.

5.  We went downtown Portland to Powell’s book, then picked up some dinner to go and headed to Laurelhurst Park for a free symphony concert.  The park was shaded, and it felt nice and cool after a hot day!

JLM_7449  JLM_7452JLM_7453  JLM_7463

They had a song that they let the kids come up, get a musical instrument, and participate in the song.  The picture on the right is of the three boys with their musical instruments.

JLM_7465  JLM_7464  JLM_7466

Nate started to catch some grapes in his mouth, so then Landon wanted to give it a try.

JLM_7470  JLM_7471JLM_7473  JLM_7475JLM_7479  JLM_7483

Thanks for coming to visit Becky and Nate!  We had a great time! 

JLM_7494

2 comments:

Kent & Christie Malan said...

You guys have had one busy but fun summer! Lots of memories! Nate and Becky's boys sure look like brothers! The little guy could pass as Davis!

Leslie Lynn said...

What a fun spray park you have, wow! I cannot believe your sister has kids!! Funny how time is supposed to stand still for others :) Love to see photos of you guys. I am sad summer is over, I love it.