Saturday, August 18, 2012

August Potpourri

I asked Shane what I should call this post of random picture of August besides the usual “miscellaneous.”  He suggested “potpourri,” so we went with that creative title instead.  :)

Extra Jobs:

In addition to their usual daily chores, Landon and Davis had an extra job that I assigned them each day this summer.  It ranged from dusting to cleaning the toilets (their favorite, strangely enough).  One day, their job was to clean out the fridge, so I caught some pictures of them at work.  James wanted to join in and help (can’t remember why he had stickers all over his back).

JLM_7739 JLM_7741 JLM_7742

From the picture in the middle, you can see James is an aspiring fridge repairman.

Smoothies:

One of our favorite afternoon snacks is a strawberry-blueberry smoothie.  I caught a few pictures of James with his smoothie mustache one warm summer afternoon.

JLM_7746  JLM_7747

JLM_7754

Sandbox fun:

The sandbox is still a favorite place to play at our house.  Some afternoons, the boys will play out there for a long time together!  It’s in a great location too, because my mid-afternoon, the fence shades the sandbox, so it’s a nice spot to play.

JLM_7756  JLM_7757

JLM_7758

Grandma visit:

My dad went to Africa to do some language training with the peace corps, so my mom came up to visit for a few days while he was gone.  The boys were excited to have a visitor for the last week of the summer, and I was glad to have someone else around to help entertain the boys!  Here’s a picture of them playing a game of Chutes and Ladders with Grandma.

JLM_7901  JLM_7904

1 comment:

Camille said...

I have to say, I cracked up at that picture of James cleaning the fridge showing a little bum. Such fun pictures.