On Friday, my dad had a conference up here in Portland, so my parents drove up late Thursday and stayed with us until Saturday afternoon. As soon as they got here late Thursday, I left to go meet Shane at the theater to see the last Harry Potter at 12:01 a.m.. We met up with several of Shane’s work friends, and it was fun to go and participate in the Harry Potter frenzy and to see all of the Harry Potter fans dressed up in their costumes (no, we didn’t dress up).
Friday morning, while Shane was at work and my dad at his conference, Mom, the boys, and I went berry picking. We were hoping to get some blueberries, but they had just come on, so while we got some, they really needed about one more week to fully ripen. We also picked some raspberries, and there were a ton of them. Mom and I had a hard time not thinking of Grandpa Landon and his huge raspberry patch. I always remember waking up in the morning and seeing grandpa outside picking raspberries, helping pick buckets full, and enjoying a delicious bowl of raspberries and half & half.
Landon was a pretty good picker. Davis, on the other hand, pretty much just ate them. We asked him at one point if he had any berries in his bucket. He paused, looked in his bucket, then looked up and said, “Nope!” If he ever did get a few in his bucket, they disappeared pretty quickly. James was pretty content in his stroller at first, eating his cheerios and even some berries, but eventually he wanted out. He was in heaven walking around and picking berries.
James discovering he could reach the blueberries from his stroller, and trying on a bucket hat
The evidence of James’s berry eating
A bucket of raspberries, and Landon and Davis resting in the shade
That night, we walked over to the park and played a game of Bocce. I won’t say the score, but let’s just say Mom and Dad did much better than me and Shane.
Saturday morning, my mom and I went to a community garage sale and scored some great items, especially stuff for kids. We had fun looking through the items for sale and getting some bargains. Mom and Dad had to leave pretty early, but they did have time to stay for lunch and to eat some berries for dessert.
James did his “mmmm mmmm” sound when he saw the berries, so my mom fed him some while he sat on her lap.
Landon and Davis with some blueberries (Landon’s favorite)
1 comment:
So for a few months now I haven't been able to post a comment or see your pictures....weird! Hope all is well and I hope this posts!!
Post a Comment