After a somewhat restful night (as restful as possible when sleeping in a room with all three of your children, including one in your bed who kept hogging your side of the bed), we had a delicious breakfast and then headed down to Bear Lake. The weather was beautiful. We were a little worried about what the beach by the lake would be like since there had been so much moisture this year in Utah, but the lake was just right, high enough to make the walk to the water short, but low enough that there was just enough beach to relax on. The water was perfect for the kids – surprisingly warm, shallow up to Landon’s waist for about 100 yards, and calm. The boys played in the water pretty much the whole time, only coming out to eat some PB&J for lunch. James even wanted to stay in the water and play with everyone else!
Landon and Davis loved to walk out far in the water, and they would ask Shane or Kelly to walk them out as far as they could touch.
James trying on some sunglasses, and Keither throwing the football around to get ready for his football camp next week. Shane and Kelly took turns throwing the football with him, and I even did a little, thanks to the fact that we brought a ball with us everywhere we went growing up for my brothers to play catch with.
The only negative part of the day I discovered that night when I realized I had lathered up the boys with sunscreen, but I apparently got distracted after starting to put some on me. My arm had weird marks on my shoulders, including a hand print, as I had started putting the sunscreen on, but then I hadn’t rubbed it in good. My arm looked diseased with random sunburnt and tan lines. Luckily I had done a much better job on everyone else!
No comments:
Post a Comment