For our 4th of July celebration, we invited our friends over for a BBQ. We had good friends, good company, and a great time overall. I made Mom’s flag cake, which I haven’t made since I made it for Shane the first 4th we had together when we were dating and it got ruined by a dust storm up Provo Canyon. Luckily it turned out a little better this time!
The kids had fun playing in the backyard, and about every five minutes, one or the other of them would ask when we were going to set off fireworks. :) We finally started with some pops and sparklers at dusk, and that got us through until dark. Our neighbors on both sides were setting off huge fireworks as well, so that added to our show also.
All the kids watched the fireworks on this great blanket Grandma and Grandpa Landon made for Shane and I when we graduated. It fit the 4th of July theme great! They were all full of energy and quite excited.
Watching a few flower fireworks – I love how excited they all are even for these first little ones.
Shane and Cody giving the kids a safety demonstration on using the sparklers, and Davis getting the first sparkler lit
And finally, Davis and Landon playing with sparklers
We had a great time! Now we just have the baby to look forward to in a couple of days!
1 comment:
Everyone sure looked happy having a great time together. Activities like these make memories! Glad you all had a nice 4th. Love you!
Post a Comment