Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not So Innocent

IMG_4473

Here is Davis calmly sleeping in his bed last night.  However, leading up to this, he was not so innocent as he appears in the picture!  The last few nights, after I put him in his bed, he talks and talks, asking for one thing after another.  He calls out “bana?” (banana), “crackers?” “book?” and even “chocolate milk?”  When I answer “No Davis.  It’s time to go to sleep,” he immediately responds, “Why?”  (He learned that from Landon.)

Last night I decided to just ignore him and see if that worked.  After calling out for everything he could think of, it was finally quiet, and I thought all was good.  About 15 minutes later, I heard him saying, “pants wet!”  I went in to check on him and found him sitting in his bed with a sippy cup of water in his hand, holding it upside down and shaking it all over.  His pants, shirt, sheets, book, and pillow were all wet.  I guess ignoring him didn’t work either – or maybe I just need to leave the water out of his bed!

And finally, one more Davis story:  Shane likes to ask the boys, “Who loves mommy?” or “Who loves Grandma?” etc., and the boys both raise their hands and yell “Me!”  Davis has been well-trained to do this for months, but lately, he has started asking the question himself.  A couple of nights ago, right in the middle of dinner, Davis yells out “Slurpee?  Me!!!!”  I guess we know he likes slurpees!

No comments: