Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother’s Day

I went to post on our blog last night about our trip to Utah and our happenings this past week since I finally had a break from working, but I soon realized that my Mom and I had somehow switched cameras (they’re the same camera).  I do have a few pictures though of Mother’s Day and Saturday with my parents, so I thought I would post what I have and update more later. 

Friday night, my parents came up for the weekend to visit for Mother’s Day and for a little pre-birthday celebration for Landon.  We had fun miniature golfing and enjoying a picnic in the park (pictures coming).  The weather was beautiful!  Landon opened his presents from Grandma and Grandpa Morris – a bug habitat and a Lego Toy Story set.  Landon then had fun putting together his car with Grandpa and searching for bugs the rest of the weekend. 

                    IMG_7475 IMG_7476 IMG_7502 IMG_7480

Since the weather was so nice, Shane even got outside and washed the car.  The boys wanted to go out and help him, so they took turns helping spray the car with the hose.

IMG_7472 IMG_7474

In fact, Shane pretty much spoiled me all weekend long.  He got up early Saturday and got our garden area all ready to plant next week, and then he washed the van.  Then on Sunday, he and my dad brought me and my mom breakfast in bed – yogurt parfait, cinnamon and orange rolls, fresh fruit, and orange juice.  What royal treatment!  There was even a vase of tulips on each tray!  He got the kids ready for church since he didn’t have his early morning meetings, and he got me this awesome body pillow to sleep with.  If you’ve never had one when pregnant, they are so great!  I slept so much better last night and was so much more comfortable (even if it so big that another person might as well be in bed with us).    I told Shane he shouldn’t have spoiled me like that because now I know what he’s capable of next Mother’s Day, and that puts the pressure on me for Father’s Day!  Landon made me a card that said he loves me because I buy him things and make him macaroni and cheese.  At least I know the way to a four-year-old’s heart!!!

Best of all, I got to spend most of my day with my own mom and dad, and my favorite boys, who make motherhood the joy that it is! 

IMG_7491 IMG_7493

1 comment:

the reilly's said...

you have such a great husband. i am glad that you were able to have your mom and dad visit. i am jealous of your nice weather. our weather has been awful. you are ambitious to do your garden. i look out my window, where my garden should be and it is weeds. i really have no desire to go out and pull them, along with the other weeds in other places. my neighbors plant one about 20 times the size of ours and they are very good to share. good luck. hope you are feeling well. not too much longer. has yours been scheduled yet? you may have told me, but i don't remember. glad you had a good mother's day.