Saturday morning, Shane and I got up and got right to work on putting in our cupboard doors and installing the knobs on them. As I posted about two weeks ago, our kitchen was pretty much done, but then I headed out to Girls Camp, and we haven’t had a chance to hang the doors and put in the knobs yet. It’s nice to have cupboards doors back on again (although it was convenient to see where everything was when there were no doors). We also got the sink installed, so here’s the now (almost) finished products. We still have one or two small touch-up things to do, but I think we can pretty much say it’s complete. When visiting teaching last week, I noticed the lady’s house I was at had a granite tile countertop. She had a professional install hers, and she said just that took a week, and it cost over twice what we paid to redo our entire kitchen. I guess it was worth it, although I questioned that more than once mid-project. :)
Also, I found a couple of pictures I had taken when Christie was here watching the kids. They are at the zoo the day before I left. Unfortunately, we didn’t remember to get all the pictures off her camera before she left, so we’ll have to get them next time Christie!!!
P.S. I am writing this blog post in Windows Live Writer. It is so great! SOOOO much better than writing directly in blogger, as there is a lot more editing options, and it is much easier to resize and move around your photos. You can download it for free if you just search for Windows Live Writer. Thanks Cindy for posting that on your blog! I’m hooked!
6 comments:
Looks awesome! and like a lot of work! I bet it feels nice having it all done and able to enjoy it
I absolutely LOVE your kitchen Jess. It's really similar to what I want someday. Missed you at the reunion!
Kitchen looks great! If you ever need a break, give me a call and maybe you can come up and go to the beach with us :)
Look great Jess. I need some coaching on the counter top install. Maybe we'll give it a shot too!
love, Love, LOVE that kitchen. It looks fantastic and I can only imagine how much work that was. Seriously worth it not only for you to enjoy it, but also probably significantly increased the value of your house (at least according to every single HGTV show I've ever seen). I saw some pics with those fabulous Oregon berries that I miss so much. Please eat a few for me. We miss you guys.
Your kitchen kooks amazing! Ya'll did a great job!
Too bad our stakes didn't do girls camp together--we could have hung out!
Post a Comment