Thursday, April 02, 2009

Houses Squished with Becky's

As I said in our previous post, we spent the last few days at Becky's house to be there to see cute baby Bennett and for his blessing. It was great to see my sister as a mom, and so fun to have a day or two to hang out together. Landon enjoyed it too, as can be seen in this conversation we had after a day or two there:
"Mom, how come our house is so far from Becky's? I want our house to be closer."
"Me too Landon. That would be fun."
"Yeah, I want our houses to be right by each other, just squished together. Then we can just share my yard and Becky's yard, and we can play with Becky all the time."
When we were getting ready to leave, he asked me when we were going to move our house so they could be squished together.

What a dream that would be! Maybe someday! :)

Here are some pictures of Landon and Davis first meeting Bennett:



Becky has a little playground right by her townhome. It was FREEZING cold most of the time we were there, but one afternoon it was nice, so we went out to play there. I think this playground may have been part of the reason Landon wanted to live closer to Becky. :)




On Sunday was Bennett's blessing. Here are some pictures of the family, and all of us at Becky's house after the blessing.




Isn't Bennett so cute? We had fun taking turns holding him, even though, as Landon said, all he pretty much does is sleep. Who doesn't love to hold a cute, slipping baby?


The cute new family - yes, Becky looks disgustingly great for just having a baby. :) I try not be be jealous though!

The cousins:

Thanks for letting us stay with you and crash your house, and for letting us drive out with you Mom and Dad! It was a great trip!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

What cute pictures of your boys! They are growing up so fast. Looks like you guys had a fun time, and I've always liked the name Bennett. Your sister has great taste!

Mary said...

Fun times. Yes bec looks great and it would be a dream to live by her. can i squish too?!

Jacob said...

Looks like fun times, although it really would have been a party if we would have been invited!

Holly said...

Jessica - how great for you to be with your sister! Becky looks so much like you and her baby is a doll. And by the way, you look great too. I know, I know, it's totally unfair that some of us have to work at it and it's effortless for others. I think you look fantastic though. Glad you had such a wonderful time!

krimmeez said...

Looks like you had a fun trip of your own. Becky's baby is sooo cute. My dad said he was happy to see your dad at the brand. The boys are so cute. When the weather gets warmer we'll have to meet at a park somewhere :)