Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day and Camille's Farewell
As the previous post indicated, we went to Ashland this weekend for Mother's Day and Cam's talk in church. It was a great weekend. Saturday morning, before the birthday party, Shane, Camille and I went to play tennis at Helman School. This was my first time playing tennis in a LONG time, since I hadn't played since the fall before I got pregnant, so over a year and a half. We played one versus two, switching it up each game so we all played a singles game and a doubles game. We each kept track of our individual scores. I started out good, and before long, I was ahead me 2, Camille 1, Shane 0. Things took a wrong turn from there though, and I ended up losing me 3, Camille 5, Shane 6. I guess I need to get out and play more now! You can't beat the view from there though! You look straight up at Mount Ashland, the same view you see looking up my parents' street. Gorgeous!
Saturday evening, after celebrating Landon's birthday, we went to Lithia Park for a hot dog roast at our usual spot. What can beat Lithia Park? I wish we had a Lithia Park in Beaverton!!! We went to the "island" to roast hot dogs by the fire pit, and enjoyed listening to the creek as we pigged out on hot dogs, chips, and brownies. Yum!
Sunday was a wonderful Mother's Day. Shane gave me a nice card with Landon's and Davis's hand prints on it, and some nice coloring by Landon. He got me The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd and some of my favorite peanut M&M's. At church, Camille gave a wonderful talk on the Christlike qualities necessary for missionary work and for motherhood. We had a great dinner of lasagna, green salad, french bread, and marionberry pie for dessert! Best of all, Shane let me take a nice long afternoon nap with no interruptions from baby or kids! What a great husband I have! 
Here is a slide show with some more pictures of our weekend. (You can also move your mouse over the little person in the bottom left and click on the blue link to see the slideshow full screen.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun pics. I think landon and benjamin have the same bike! Looks like he had a great birthday
Post a Comment