I just put Landon to bed, and I'm taking a quick break from cleaning up the kitchen. We had all of the Teachers quorum at our house tonight making heart-shaped sugar cookies for the Mia Maids. They are inviting them to a dinner next week, so the cookie was part of their invitation. It was pretty crazy here with seven teenage boys, the other Young Men's leader, and Landon and me. The boys were pretty funny. I hope the girls don't expect their cookies to be decorated too fancy, because I'm not sure if any of these boys had ever frosted a cookie before.
Landon and I went to story hour today at the library, and Landon especially enjoyed the story, There Was an Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything. They acted it out, and he especially liked the part when the pumpkin says, "Boo, boo!" He said two new words today - piano (pronounced yano) and dice (pronounced perfectly).

Now to the Yahtzee. Landon has a new trick that at first we thought was a coincidence. He likes to play with these larger-than-normal colored dice that I have. I noticed he had a couple of them with the number five facing up. I thought it was a coincidence, but soon he had all five with the number five! Pretty crazy!
3 comments:
Here it is Friday and I'm just now getting into the Malan Blog...Thanks for sharing the fun cookie story...hope the boys do a good job for you...and I'm convinced we have a future genious in the family...can't believe that little Landon could recognize the "5's" on the dice....Love it.
Love to all.....Grandma B
Hi Malans,
Landon, way to go; you're gonna be a math whiz--already are in fact! Did you like that goopy stuff that came out of the pumpkins? How about all the guys over at the house making cookies? And the story at the library--boy you keep busy! We sure love you and miss all of you. We're getting some fun things planned for Christmas--it'll be here before you know it! xoxox Gramma Malan
Hey, I'm just now getting to understand the program...I have read all the neat entries and enjoy them and the cute pictures and so now I can thank you for such a smaart little great grandchild...wow...to be able to put all the dice showing only "5's" is brilliant...I am another of the family who is very impressed..Love...Grandma B.
Post a Comment