Today is the eighth day of November, and it has been raining everyday here since November 1. This morning was the first dry period that lasted for more than an hour since Halloween. Even the veteran Portlanders have been saying this is worse than normal. We almost feel like we need to grow webbed feet! Landon and I went outside and played in the leaves this morning. There is a sidewalk just by our apartment that is completely covered in leaves. Landon loves to walk up and down the sidewalk, kicking his feet in the leaves. He says "that one," picks up a leaf, carries it around for awhile, then sees another one, repeats the whole process. Eventually he has to put some down before he can pick up his next one. By the time we come inside, he usually has four or fives leaves clenched between his fists.
This morning, we also had a few other kids come over to play. There were two boys about Landon's age, and one little boy who is seven months old. They all had fun playing together, and the moms had fun playing together too, and talking to someone besides a one year old! Here is a picture of Landon taking his teddy bear for a ride on his car.
2 comments:
Hi ducks! My word, I'm sure glad it didn't rain like it's doing now while we were visiting you. I'm also glad that you aren't flooding like Washington is. Is there any end in sight? hope so! This rain doesn't stop the young ones from playing, that's for sure. Only, isn't it messy in all those leaves, Landon? Hugs and kisses! Love, Mom and Grandma
I love everything about the blog and your website...especially that I can get into all of everything wiwth ease...
Thanks for including me in your blog and google website...love to all you precious kids...Grandma B
Post a Comment