Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Party

Saturday, we had a pumpkin party at our house, with all sorts of fun pumpkin activities.  Here was the official announcement:

JLM_8422

Pumpkin Pizzas:  First, we each decorated our own pumpkin-shaped pizza.

JLM_8371 JLM_8374JLM_8375 JLM_8383 JLM_8377JLM_8376  JLM_8385JLM_8380  JLM_8389

Finished pizzas:  Top left: James, me; Bottom left:  Davis, Landon, Shane.

Carving Pumpkins:  After eating pizza, we started the pumpkin carving.  The boys did a pretty good cleaning out their pumpkins, and then they drew a shape on it with a dry erase marker for Shane or me to carve out.  Davis had been saying all week that he  wanted to do a “ghost” pumpkin, meaning a ghost mouth, so he got right to work.  James wanted a ghost pumpkin too, so Landon’s was the only one a little different.  Shane and I always forget how much work it is to get the boys’ pumpkins carved, and then we’re pretty worn out by the time we finally start ours.  (I had some camera issues, so I didn’t get to many pictures of the actual pumpkin carving.)

JLM_8391  JLM_8392  JLM_8393JLM_8394  JLM_8395  JLM_8398

One time, I looked over to see James licking off his spoon after pulling some stuff out of the pumpkins.  He seemed to like it! 

JLM_8400  JLM_8401

The finished pumpkins:

JLM_8411

Left to Right:  Shane’s, Davis’s, Landon’s, James’s, and mine – bottom is Kelly’s sick pumpkin.

Pumpkin Rice Krispies and a Pumpkin Show:  After carving pumpkins, we made and decorated some pumpkin rice krispies from Grandma Morris, then watched “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.”  It was a fun night!

JLM_8414  JLM_8416  JLM_8415  JLM_8413  JLM_8419

2 comments:

Camille said...

Cute pics! What a fun idea to have a "party". Great pumpkins.

Cindy said...

Looks like a fun time. Good job on all the planning. I am sure it is a great memory for the boys. Please tell them I like their pumpkins.