Friday, October 05, 2012

A Forest Walk and Park Visit

Friday afternoon, we decided to go on a walk through the forest park at the top of our road.  There is a trail that winds through the trees, and the boys like to walk and explore through there.  We ended up walking a little farther than normally do, continuing through the woods to the other end and walking to a park to play.  The boys were a little tired by the time we got there, but they had a fun time at the playground and were rested enough for their walk home awhile later.

JLM_8072  JLM_8080

Lately, when I ask James to smile for me, I get a frown like the picture above and the picture below.  When I tell him again to smile, he gives me a smile with his big eyes.  Not sure why the sudden change . . .

JLM_8073JLM_8074  JLM_8075

    JLM_8077  JLM_8079

Their favorite thing at the park was definitely the swings.  We did all sorts of under-dogs.  I always make a barking sound for an under-dog, so we did under-cats, under-pigs, under-monkeys, and even an under-ghost (boo) and an under-wind (whoosh).  The last two were Davis’s special requests.

JLM_8088  JLM_8090  JLM_8100JLM_8104  JLM_8106

Landon took this last picture to prove I was there, and of course, Davis with his non-smile again.

We also had some fun that day making apple chips, although none of us were too thrilled with the final taste.  They were fun to make anyway!  James helped put on the cinnamon, and you can see his reaction again when I told him to smile. :)

JLM_8068  JLM_8069

James then walked in with the block bucket on his head.  He thought he was pretty funny!

JLM_8057  JLM_8062

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Your boys are getting so big! Cute pictures!