Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Birthday Surprise

Friday was my mom’s birthday, so I decided to drive down and surprise her for her birthday since Landon had Thursday and Friday off from school.  Shane couldn’t come because he is saving his days off for the holidays, so I was a little nervous about the drive, but the boys were really good and the time went by fast.  The boys were excited to surprise her, and she was super surprised!

We went to Red Robin for her birthday dinner.  We actually went the night before her birthday because Jacob had to work until 8 the night of her birthday.  We had a fun time, and the kids were quite good!  We were especially glad that the 30-35 minute wait they quoted us when we first came in ended up only being 5 minutes. 

IMG_0253

On Friday, Mom took Landon to preschool in the morning, and then later in the afternoon, we went to Lithia Park.  I LOVE Lithia Park in the fall.  Even though most of the leaves were already off the trees, there were leaves all over the ground and it was beautiful.  It was a little bit late by the time everyone got up from their naps, so it was almost dark when we got there, but we still had fun looking at the leaves.

IMG_0268 

IMG_5338 IMG_0261 IMG_0269 IMG_0262 IMG_0263 IMG_0265 IMG_0266 IMG_0267

Landon and Davis especially loved throwing the leaves up in the air.  I think they would have played there for hours if we didn’t make them leave because it was dark and cold!

IMG_0283 IMG_0275

And finally, here are a couple of pictures of the birthday Grandma with her grandkids.  It was a fun weekend we will always remember!  It definitely made it a less relaxing birthday for my mom, but hopefully she still enjoyed having us all there! (What Grandma wouldn’t enjoy these cute kids?)

2 comments:

Kent & Christie Malan said...

It's always fun to surprise those you love! I can't believe all the beautiful leaves among those gorgeous grandkids!

Cindy said...

Thanks again for a WONDERFUL and memorable Birthday. I was super suprised and it was so great having those cute little boys and you here. LOVE YOU
mom