Monday, November 16, 2009

Bedtime Routine

Besides the bath, story, prayers, and singing, Davis had decided he needed another element to his bedtime routine. After my version of a his bedtime routine, I leave him nicely lying down on his pillow with his blanket and doggy. A few minutes later, we can hear things falling, and before long, he is crying. When we go in there, he has everything from his crib thrown on the floor, including his pajama top and bottom. Luckily, he hasn't yet taken off his diaper. We usually repeat this routine about three times before he finally goes to sleep.

Last night, there was a small glitch in the routine. We'll have to see if this prevents future occurrences (doubt it). Shane and I were sitting out on the couch and heard the familiar fall of his doggy, his pillow, etc. , when all of a sudden we hear Davis screaming. Shane hurried in there, and this time, Davis had thrown everything out of his crib except his pajama top, which he had somehow managed to get wrapped around his back with his arms still stuck in it.

Shane and I weren't too sympathetic and laughed when we saw what he had done. Hopefully he learned his lesson . . . but probably not. I'm just glad he hasn't started getting himself out of the crib too. (knock on wood)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm thinking Davis will be the next thing out of his crib. Have you tried footsie jammies and safety pinning the zipper so he can't get out?

Kent & Christie Malan said...

So grateful Davis didn't get hurt! Betcha he's on a roll for the next while-maybe,maybe not. Maybe he wants to be in the same room as his brother. Only Davis knows!

Holly said...

So every time I read about your adorable little Davis I tend to think things like, "I wish Ben ate like Davis" or "I wish Ben was talking like Davis" but I must admit, I'm glad Ben doesn't pull the tricks Davis does when it comes to bedtime! Ben just lies down and goes to sleep! It's wonderful! Good luck!