This last week, we were lucky enough to have Shane’s mom here with us for UEA weekend. She flew in on Wednesday night and stayed through Monday evening. We had a great time while she was here.
The Children’s Museum
The first thing Thursday morning, we drove up to the Children’s Museum to spend the morning. The boys had a lot of fun playing in the water, digging in the dig pit, brushing the alligator’s teeth, and most of all, playing in the “night room.” I was very glad Christie was there – I don’t think I could do it by myself! It’s hard to run after each kid, and they each want to do different things, so part of the time we ran a man-on-man defense and each took one of the boys where they wanted to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fun at Home
The boys had fun just hanging around the house with grandma. Thursday night, Christie watched the kids while we went to the temple for our stake temple night (we’ve made it two months in a row to the chapel session thanks to timely visits by the grandparents!). Friday morning, Christie stayed home and played with Davis while Landon was at preschool and I ran a bunch of errands. I was beginning to feel a little weird going to all those places with no kids in tow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little People’s Park
While Shane was at the Priesthood session, we went and explored a new park in Beaverton. It wasn’t too big, but the leaves falling from the trees were beautiful. Landon and Davis had fun going down the slide, climbing over the bridge, and best of all, chasing grandma all around until she was exhausted! :) We even enjoyed a beautiful rainbow at the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watching Conference
We spent a lot of time just relaxing around the house watching conference. Landon liked being extra silly to get Grandma to laugh! I think there was enough sitting and listening too that he just had to get all his craziness out!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pirate ship park
And of course, a visit isn’t a visit without a trip to pirate ship park to meet Shane for lunch. It was a bit foggy in the morning, but the sun came through just in time for a gorgeous picnic and some fun times playing on the pirate ship. I especially like Davis’s tongue out in concentration as he gets ready to go down the slide.
Thanks Christie for coming to visit us! We had a great time as always, and can’t wait to do it again!
6 comments:
wow Jess looks like great weather and what beautiful parks. what a fun grandma too...chasing after the kids!!
How fun that Kent and Christie have been able to visit so much! What a fun weekend. It's so fun to see pictures of Christie with your boys. It makes me think maybe you guys only live a few hours away instead of a plane ride! Wish we could see you more often. Hayden and Landon could be great little buddies.
Don't you just love grandparents! :)
look how amazing your parks are! And it looks so beautiful right now. I want to move to Oregon.
I just love the pictures of our family in Oregon! Oh how grandpa and I could see you more often! Your gorgeous pictures on the blog make us feel like we're almost there on a regular basis though. Landon and Davis - smack! Did you feel the kiss on your cheeks? We love you, and mom and dad too. Keep having fun in Beaverton! Love you! G & G Malan
Looks like lots of fun! I'm glad grandma/mom got to visit for a few days.
Post a Comment