For Family Home Evening this Monday, we carved the pumpkins we had got at the pumpkin patch. Landon was so excited all afternoon and kept asking when it was going to be time to carve the pumpkins. I always loved carving pumpkins growing up, and it reminds me of carving them with Mary!
Both boys picked out which pumpkin stencil they liked – Landon a silly face, and Davis the starry eyes (he kept saying “sar” and pointing to the eyes, so I figured that was good enough for me to know which one he wanted.)
Landon got right to work cleaning out his pumpkin, but he refused to use his hands! He must not take after me!
Davis was a little more brave at scooping out with his hands, and he was doing a pretty good job. I think he got bored though, because after awhile, we looked over and saw him doing this and this: (yes, that’s him under the tablecloth)
Landon wanted to help cut out the face on his pumpkin. He usually has his tongue out when he’s concentrating :)
And of course, one of Shane carving his nice huge one, and the finished products!
5 comments:
Mary..that's me! thanks for the reminder. holidays are always more fun with you guys. Did you make new curtains?? oh and i love the ribbon pump!
Great pumpkins!! How fun!
what fancy pumpkins! and your boys are darling.
Man, I'm impressed! Those pumpkins are neat lookin! The Malan crew is talented! Landon, the tongue hangin out suits you fine, and Davis under the tablecloth made it all worth the effort!
What cute pics! The pumpkins are great and I love the one of Landon with his tongue out. He was concentrating pretty hard!
Post a Comment