Unbelievable! After arriving at the hospital on Thursday expecting a Valentine's Day baby via c-section, we were told Jessica was having strong contractions and that she may be able to deliver naturally still. So, for nearly twelve hours Jessica went through labor (she opted for the epidural, so that's good).In the end of it all she ended up getting a fever and they determined it was safest to go ahead with the c-section anyway. So, at 12:24 am this morning the baby arrived! There was an audible gasp in the OR when everyone saw him. Here are the stats on the new baby:
Weight 11 lbs. (Good grief!)
Length: 21 Inches
Future Career: New York Giants Lineman!
Here are some pictures:



We'll post more after we've rested a bit, so check back!
Love you all!
Shane & Jessica and Landon
11 comments:
WOW!! Congrats! We are glad that Jessica and the Baby are doing well. We can't wait to see him.
It sounds like he could hold is own with Colton. We just took Cole to the dr and he and Brooklyn and almost the same weight. We love big babies!!
We hope that you get some sleep.
Love, Brycen and Lori
Wow! You totally blew my 10 lb 3 oz baby out of the water!! I am so glad that everything went okay for you! I have been thinking lots about you! Congratulations!!
Jenny
Good Grief! 11 lbs. I personally think you should name your baby Benjamin (wasn't on the poll). Hope all is going well and I hope we don't have an 11 pounder.
WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! 11 pounds is no laughing matter coming from my mouth. G Malan and I are so excited, impressed, proud, happy,exhuberant, relieved, and very grateful all is well. Landon, you have your little brother here! Yay! We're excited to know that you've been blessed with another beautiful addition to your home Malans. Congratulations! Now, sleep, sleep, sleep while G Morris is with you. Thanks Cindy!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Malan P.S. Davis, you are adorable!
I know everyone's already said it, but that is one enormous baby! It may be a good thing Jessica didn't have to push the big guy out - ouch! Congratulations, we wish we were close enough to come see the baby in person! Good luck with everything and may Jessica's recovery be a speedy one.
Love,
Lori & Cam
HOLLY SMOLLY!!! HE WAS HUGE!!! Great job Jessica! He is soooo cute, look at those cheeks!! I can't waite to take his pictures! Congrats to the both of you on a beautiful baby!
Welcome "James Tanner Malan"(baby Malan)to a world of family and friends who instantly love you! It seems you didn't want to share your birthday with all the hearts and flowers. That's probably a reasonable decision. Give your parents an easy time for the next few days(at least)they've earn it.
Love Uncle Jim and Aunt Debi
I don't know why I have so much trouble posting at your site. I'll try again.
I've been watching for news on your blog. What a relief that the baby (BIG baby) is here. Grandma B called and left a message while I was at P-T conferences this morning. Sure enough, Shane had posted pictures immediately, as I expected he would.
Someday (not today) you will thank your son for not stealing your annual Valentine date, even though it cost Jessica 12 hours of labor.
Congratulations!
Love,
Julie
How exciting!! What a big boy! Hope you are getting lots of sleep Jess. Well done!
Horray! Congratulations to the entire family. The reasons for me to come out and visit keep piling up!
CONGRATULATIONS! Glad every one is doing well. I have wondered when the little one was going to arrive. Again, congrats!
Post a Comment