Easter this year was a little bit of a bummer because Landon was sick all Saturday and most of the day Sunday. I ran a half marathon that morning (and PR’d by coming in under 2 hours!). We decorated eggs Saturday evening, and Landon managed to participate a little even though he didn’t feel great.
I would hand Landon some eggs to color with a crayon, and then he told us which color to put it in since he didn’t feel good enough to sit at the table and dye the eggs.
I guess sticking out the tongue for concentration is an inherited trait. :)
Sunday morning, Davis and James searched for the Easter eggs. They had all new hiding spots to find since this was our first year in the new house. Landon made it down when they finished, and they all looked at their Easter baskets. Davis and James were excited to get mini basketballs, and Landon was excited for a Rainbow Loom maker. Asher was just excited for the bunny marshmallows. :)
After our Easter baskets, we ate a yummy breakfast of sticky buns, eggs, and chocolate milk. Shane then took Landon to the doctor for a strep test while I got the others ready for church. Shane then stayed home with Landon and Asher while I took the other boys to church, and we did a switch after I taught my Sunday School lesson so Shane could go to High Priests. It was too bad we couldn’t all go to church together on Easter, and we didn’t get the usual Sunday-dress Easter photo. After church, Landon seemed to be feeling better, and was able to get up and join us for the outside Easter egg hunt. Asher joined in, but he wasn’t too interested in finding eggs. He found one and put it on his car, then just had fun pushing it around the yard.
It was a great Easter, and so fun to spend it together as a family, especially since last Easter we were in the hospital with a week-and-a-half old Asher who was recovering from his Norwood surgery. Kelly came over for Easter dinner, and we were able to talk with our other family on the phone. We ended the day by doing our resurrection eggs to review the Easter story with the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment