Shane and I are far from tiling experts, but we have tiled three bathrooms, one entryway, and our kitchen counters in our old house. When my parents decided to tile their bathroom floor, we decided we could share our “expertise” with them to help them get it done. We drove down to Ashland Thursday, and Shane got right to work that night with my dad getting the subfloor down. Friday morning, we cut and lay the tile. Shane and I have a good system by now – I measure and mark the tile, and Shane does the cutting. I only had Shane cut one tile completely wrong, so that was good. (We won’t say how many were a little off).
We finished that afternoon, and had to wait 24 hours for it to dry, so we had a little time to relax Friday evening and Saturday morning. Friday, my mom and I took the boys to Lithia Park, and they had fun climbing up on the slide and playing on the swings. Asher’s brothers always take such good care of him. Landon gave Asher a little ride around in the shopping cart Saturday morning.
We finished up with the grout Saturday, and my parents treated us all to a little Yogurt Hut treat and a nice walk in Lithia Park. Asher had a little bath in the kitchen sink since the bathtub was still out of commission from the floor tiling. It was a nice weekend, and we were glad we could help them with something for once after all they do for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment