Today Davis turned 6 years old. He has been so excited for his birthday, asking me all the time how many more days until his birthday. To start off his birthday, Shane made him crepes for breakfast while I went on a long run with Kara. When I got home, he was so anxious to open some presents! He opened the ones from his grandparents, and started playing with them right away.
He read his card from Grandma all by himself! He is becoming such a great reader.
After opening his presents, I got to work on his cake. I hadn’t had any time to work on it the day before, but I started wishing right away that I had! Stacey had made one for Ethan for his birthday a few weeks ago, so I followed the directions she sent me. I used a Betty Crocker box mix, but the directions had you cut the cake into an oblong shape. Once I tried to frost it though, the edges just kept crumbling off. Davis, in his usual calm and easy-going fashion, just told me that the sides didn’t need frosting anyway. I was able to get one side frosted, so I took pictures of the good side. :) I should’ve got one of the bad side just for laughs.
That afternoon, we had a get-together with the Mended Little Hearts group of Portland, so we went there for a couple of hours. There was someone there doing face paintings for the kids. The boys didn’t want to get their face painted, but they decided to get something on their hands instead.
After we came home, Kelly and the Kojimas came over to have a minion birthday party for Davis. We had pizza for dinner, with apples and bananas (favorite minion food), played some games (pin the eye on the minion and a minion matching game), danced to some minion music, found a treasure of twinkie minions on a treasure hunt, and finished with presents and cake. It was just right, and Davis seemed to have a fun time. The only thing that didn’t work out too great was the minion cake.
Davis loved reading his card from “Uncle Smelly Kelly with a big belly”, and Asher thought he better start practicing his present-opening skills to get ready for his birthday next month.
We love our Davis so much and don’t know what life would be like without him. He is fun and silly, while also being very kind and aware of others feelings at the same time. Here he is all tuckered out in his bed, as we found him when we checked on him at night, sleeping with his new minion hat on.
1 comment:
nice work- I think the cake looks great!
Post a Comment