This year, I got to celebrate Mother’s Day on Landon’s birthday, which is especially fitting since he was the first to call me mom. I can’t believe he is already eight years old. The day started out with some delicious crepes with strawberries and whipped cream, our breakfast for any celebration day. Shane was super dad as he made breakfast by himself pretty much for Mother’s Day and Landon’s birthday.
The night before, Shane had made some Mother’s Day preparations with the boys. I wasn’t quite sure what they were up to. Shane took a couple of pictures of them working on their Mother’s Day cards. James was a little worn out from the day, so he didn’t make his card until morning.
After breakfast, Shane told me he and the boys had about an hour of activities planned for me. Landon was first, and he took me to his bedroom, where he had a blanket and pillow on the floor. He told me to lie down, and then he gave me a back massage with our electric massager. After, he gave me a box with his card he had made and some candy.
Davis then took me to Asher’s room, where I sat in the chair while he soaked my feet in warm water, and then put on lotion and filed my toe nails. :) He really wanted to try out the toe separators, so even though he wasn’t painting my toenails, he put them between my toes. He had a box with a card and some candy for me too.
The third and final pampering was by James. He took me into the bathroom and gave me a facial. He rubbed a mask on face and gave me cucumbers for my eyes, then had me sit in the chair and relax. He also had a card (made that morning since he had fallen asleep the night before), and some candy for me. He actually gave me his box and opened it both when Landon did and when Davis did, so he was glad to finally really be able to give it to me.
After all of my spa treatment, Shane gave me a gift card to a local spa for a massage, facial, and pedicure, as well as a gift card to my friend Heidi’s salon for a cut and highlight! I was so spoiled! I have never been to a spa before, so it was a new experience for me. I went to the spa Tuesday morning for three hours of pure luxury and relaxation, followed by an evening getting my hair done on Wednesday. I am one lucky mom!
After dinner that night, we opened presents for Landon’s birthday. He got some fun things, including a new shirt and a volcano kit from Grandma and Grandpa Morris, a helicopter from Grandma and Grandpa Malan, a Bowser from Uncle Kelly, and a cub scout shirt and some snap circuits from us.
And finally, a few pictures of me and my boys on Mother’s day. I’m so lucky to be the mom of these four amazing boys!
4 comments:
Wow that is quite the mother's day spa treatment. If I come up and visit can I get the three boys to perform that same spa treatment?
That's so fun Jess! You quite deserve to be pampered.
Lucky Mom? I say lucky Boys!!
Any chance I can make sure my wife doesn't see this post cause Shane outdid himself on this one. Very nice work. Glad you got spoiled, you deserve it.
Post a Comment