Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Peace and Quiet

Things have been pretty low-key around here since we got home from the hospital.  My mom left last Friday with Davis and James and took them to Ashland for the week.  They will get home tomorrow.  It sure is quiet with just Landon and Asher around!  It has been nice to be home with just Asher most of the day, so I can have time to focus on him and his feedings.  He is still making great progress, and as of his checkup with his pediatrician on Monday, he was back up to his birth weight of 9 lbs. 6 oz.  He is steadily gaining easily the 20 to 30 grams they want him to gain per day, and usually more like 40 to 50 grams per day.  He sleeps good at night, just waking every three hours to eat then going back to sleep.  The main negative is that we are still struggling with some spitting up/throwing up.  He usually only does it for one feed a day, but I sure hate it when he does.  He does too.  He cries and almost gags, and it even comes out his nose.  No fun.  I am hoping that as he gets back to breast milk in two weeks that will help with his stomach.

When I’m not feeding Asher, pumping, or putting him to sleep, we spend time just adoring the cute little guy.  A friend from Shane’s work gave him these stylish little Uggs.  They are so warm and cozy!  Another one made him the cute elephant stuffed animal. 

JLM_0043   JLM_0044

JLM_0052

JLM_0064  JLM_0070

JLM_0074

We’ve also gone on some walks, when the weather is nice enough.  It is a little breezy, but he seems to stay warm in his blanket and hat.  Thanks for the hat Aunt Becky!

JLM_0060  JLM_0061 

Landon has been a little bit lost without his two little brothers around to play with (and to bug him).  He has enjoyed the quiet though, spending time reading and enjoying some one-on-one time with me and Shane.  He has also been over to play at a few friend’s houses, so that has helped him not to get too bored.  We also started his science experiment.  We put a bunch of different kinds of seeds in a makeshift greenhouse, and he predicted which ones would grow first. 

JLM_0054  JLM_0056

The other boys come home tomorrow, so my quiet and peaceful days will be long gone.  I’ve missed them though!  Even though I am still tired and sore, I am excited to have everyone home and get into more of a routine.

6 comments:

Sue and Scott said...

Love your family. Thank you for the updates. oxo

Emily said...

Such a cute little guy. How on earth are you finding time for you? Hope you can catch a nap every now and again.

becky said...

So cute! It's fun to see more pictures of him just looking like a "normal" baby not in the hospital. I can't wait to meet him! And I'm glad he's getting to use his hat :)

Muhammad Dairies said...

You are doing a wonderful job! It's kind your parents took James and Davis, you needed that :-)! I'm sure with Landon getting some one on one time he was in heaven! It's awesome to see everything falling into place and the routine will soon all fit into place! Asher is such a handsome boy!!

Muhammad Dairies said...

You are doing a wonderful job! It's kind your parents took James and Davis, you needed that :-)! I'm sure with Landon getting some one on one time he was in heaven! It's awesome to see everything falling into place and the routine will soon all fit into place! Asher is such a handsome boy!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful update, I too hope you are somehow taking care of you too. Asher is seriously handsome, very cool science project idea-go Landon !!! Debbie Russell