This morning, when Dr. King came by to check on Asher, he said his weight was down again a bit, and so they wanted to keep him through the afternoon to see how he did with the higher-calorie formula again. I was very wary to try it, since I just hated seeing Asher spit/throw up, and I had seen it so many times before. For his first feeding, he took 50 ml (he had been taking 70 ml of the lower-calorie one). I didn’t move him for 30 minutes for fear it would make him throw up, but he kept it down.
The next feeding he was really tired, so I only got him to take 40ml, so we did another 40ml only two hours later instead of three. This evening, he has taken about 60 ml twice in a row, and still no throwing up! His doctor and I decided together that one more night would be good to make sure he continues to do well with the higher-calorie formula. I am hoping he gained a little so we can go home tomorrow. We’ll see how he does through the night.
I don’t have too many pictures of today, but here’s just a few.
My mom brought Davis and James up for lunch again. They were a bit too excited to “help” Asher with his bottle.
Asher sleeping, and his equipment in the background:
Asher’s board: They have this board in the room to write down what Asher is doing, his plan, and goals.
We’re praying for a good night, some weight gain, and going home tomorrow! We are so grateful that he has kept his higher-calorie feedings down today.
2 comments:
oxo to you all and a peaceful, restful night.
Yaaaay Asher !!! Love the beautiful pictures- Im praying that your prayers for tomorrow will be answered, love you guys-Debbie Russell
Post a Comment