Sunday, December 23, 2012

December Happenings

We have had a great month of December enjoying the Christmas season.  Starting December 1, we began our advent calendar.  Each day, we opened up a small box that had an activity for the day, and an ornament to go with a short devotional/thought we would have in the evening related to Christ and the Christmas season.  I didn’t take too many pictures, but some of our favorites were making and decorating sugar cookies, walking down Peacock Lane, making caramels, watching “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” making Christmas crafts, and watching the Parade of Ships followed by eating dinner at Spaghetti Factory.  A few others were:

Decorating gingerbread houses:

JLM_8719  JLM_8721JLM_8725  JLM_8728JLM_8735  JLM_8747JLM_8748  JLM_8754JLM_8757  JLM_8759JLM_8763

Sleepover by the Christmas tree (while also watching A Charlie Brown Christmas):

JLM_8783

And visiting Santa at the ward Christmas party:

Santa Party  29860 - 2012-12-08 at 20-05-41

James was excited to see Santa, but he did not want to get anywhere near his lap.  Landon and Davis hopped right up to talk to him though! 

We’ve also had some nice relaxing time playing some board games, playing with trains, and drinking hot chocolate.

JLM_8808  JLM_8809JLM_8811  JLM_8813

The boys have also had fun making Christmas-themed googly-eye pom-pom people (not sure what else to call these).  They have been making them for a few months now, but one night, I found a group of them on top of the bookcase, with even some lined up on a skateboard!

JLM_8765  JLM_8767

It has been a great month enjoying the Christmas season.  I always love this time of year, and this has been one I have felt the most prepared for and have been able to really enjoy.  Most of all, it has been just fun hanging out with these crazies and seeing them enjoy the wonders of the Christmas season.

JLM_8777 

Merry Christmas!

(I don’t really love this family picture, but it was the best I could get with the self-timer before we rushed off to church this morning!)

JLM_8804  JLM_8796

No comments: