Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mountain Lakes Challenge

To continue their biking training this year, Shane and my brother Jake signed up for the Mountain Lakes Challenge century ride.  The ride takes you through the Siskiyou mountain range, starting in Ashland, and climbing 7,100 feet up Greensprings road and around and finally ending down Dead Indian Memorial Road.  The race was on Saturday, but we drove down Thursday night so we could have some time to rest before race day.  It was a little bit different of an Ashland trip because my parents are gone in France, but we had fun hanging out with Jake and Stacey, and the kids had fun playing together as always.  The boys got a little nervous as it poured rain all day Friday, but luckily it let up on Saturday, and even though it rained a little off and on, it was much more manageable.

While we were hanging out Saturday waiting for the race to finish, James had fun with baby Maggie.  He kept putting his shirt on her, first as a blanket, then on her face.  Not sure how much she liked it on her face!  Luckily he was nice and gave her lots of kisses too!

JLM_6130  JLM_6134JLM_6139  JLM_6145

James also had fun driving around Grandma’s cozy coupe.  By the time I took these pictures, I had at least managed to get his pants on.

JLM_6148

Stacey and I kept the little kids up from naps so we could go and see Shane and Jake as they finished their ride.  It started to rain just as we got there, so we kept the kids in the car to wait.  When we heard they were almost there, we headed out with our umbrellas to welcome them in.  (Thanks Stacey for the pictures with me in them!)

DSC_4125  JLM_6157

Waiting in the car

JLM_6163

Heading down – I love how you can’t see James under his umbrella

DSC_4138 JLM_6171 JLM_6183JLM_6184  JLM_6174

Two silly boys looking at the Lightning on the umbrella.  Ethan was sad his jacket didn’t have a hat, so Stacey found a sweater of Kallie’s to put over his head. 

JLM_6186  DSC_4159

After a few minutes, we all cheered to see them riding in!

JLM_6196  JLM_6197JLM_6199  JLM_6203

Looking pretty good even after riding for 100 miles!

JLM_6214 

Hooray!  We did it!

JLM_6226

Shane and Jake sporting their new shirts after cleaning up, having a little nap, and eating some refueling food at Senor Sams!

2 comments:

becky said...

How fun! That's convenient that they had matching neon jackets :)

Dan said...

Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to get one of those jackets if I'm going to ride with them again! Good job guys.