On Wednesday night, we held a smaller goodbye bbq at our house with our friends the Kojimas, the Hamptons, and Pam and Renae. It was a beautiful evening, with great food and great company. I just kept trying not to think about how this was the last time we would get to do this and enjoy the evening.
James and his buddy Isaac
Looking at the memory book Gina made for them.
Landon and Luke have been best of buddies since they met when they were two-years-old. They went to nursery and primary together, to preschool together, played t-ball together . . . They are such silly, fun boys!
They wanted to do a silly face and a mean face too.
Eve and Davis have been friends since birth (probably slightly forced on them). They often act almost like brother and sister how they talk back and forth. Eve has for a few months now decided that she is going to marry Davis someday. She didn’t even seem too discouraged when she asked Davis who he was going to marry and he replied, “My mom!” She told him he couldn’t marry me, so he said, “Hmm. James?” She thought that was pretty funny. Davis thought for a minute and finally said, “You?!” She was so thrilled and exclaimed, “I was thinking the same thing!” This past year, they went to preschool together, plus did many play date swaps while Jenn and I volunteered at the schools. I don’t know if they’ll get married one day, but I hope they stay friends!
I didn’t get any great pictures of James and Isaac together. They’re not quite as cooperative as the other ones! They have become good buddies the past few months, and James always exclaims “I-Saac ouse!” when we pull up to Isaac’s house, and cries if he doesn’t get to get out and play.
A few more final shots of the night.
Me, Jenn, Pam, Kara, Renae, and Gina
John, Cody, Bob, and Shane
All of the kids (the top without James, Isaac, and Leela, and the bottom without Leela)
Our family with the Lovelands. Our lives won’t be the same without you!
1 comment:
I know that you are good friends with the Lovelands and are sad to see them go, but the fact that one of them was wearing a Lakers jersey it is probably time Landon found new friends before he gets led away and falls into the mists of darkness (being a laker fan).
Post a Comment