Thursday, March 22, 2012

Snow day

Two days before Spring Break, we woke up to two inches of snow, and a delayed start for school.  The boys were excited to go outside and play.  First though, I had planned French bread and hot chocolate for breakfast.  Perfect breakfast for a snowy morning!  Davis ended up with a chocolate mustache and wanted me to take a picture.

JLM_3507   JLM_3511

As soon as they finished eating, we bundled everyone up, and they headed outside to play.  The snow was nice and wet, great for making snowballs.

  JLM_3513  JLM_3515JLM_3516  JLM_3522JLM_3523  JLM_3524  JLM_3532JLM_3528  JLM_3536JLM_3543  JLM_3546JLM_3548  JLM_3552

The snow didn’t last long, and was melted by the time Landon came home from school that afternoon.  I was glad he had a delayed start so he had some time to play in it!  While I was making dinner, James found the pile of snow clothes still in a heap by the sliding glass door.  He grabbed his hat, put it on, and yelled “Mama!  Mama!” until I came and opened the back door for him.  I loved how he looked with his crooked little hat on, so I had to snap a few pictures of that too.

JLM_3570  JLM_3572JLM_3582JLM_3583  JLM_3585

1 comment:

stacey said...

it's crazy how fast the snow melts in Oregon! Looks like you guys had fun.