Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kelly’s Birthday Party

On Saint Patrick’s Day, in addition to wearing green and eating green pancakes, we had Kelly over to celebrate his birthday.  His birthday is actually March 20, but we thought it would be more fun to celebrate on the weekend. 

We had a delicious dinner of steak, potatoes, asparagus, and Kelly’s favorite birthday cake – white cake topped with a cream cheese frosting and covered with a strawberry glaze.  Christie gave me the recipe last year, and I was a little better at making it this year than last year. 

The boys had fun picking out presents for him.  I gave them each $1 to take to the dollar store.  They picked out some funny teeth and a toy for Kelly’s dog Emma.  Shane and I got him a lamp from Ikea.  We rented a Wii game to play together, and then Shane and Kelly also watched a movie after the kids went to bed while I worked. 

JLM_3491  JLM_3493JLM_3494  JLM_3497JLM_3498  JLM_3499

James and Davis wanted to try out the teeth too, of course.  James had a little harder time figuring out where to put them.  :)

JLM_3501  JLM_3502JLM_3505  JLM_3506

Kelly is a great uncle, brother, and brother-in-law.  It is always the highlight of our day when he comes to visit!  He is so great with the boys and always so willing to help us out.  We feel so lucky he lives close!

No comments: