Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bathroom Remodel Finished . . Enfin!

Tonight I have relieved to say that Shane and I have officially completed our bathroom remodel (as of last night).  It always seems that we have these home improvement ideas that sound so simple, and then are of course much more work than the original plan!  The bathroom desperately needed remodeling though – with stained almost-white linoleum, yellowed-white walls, and an old, cheap vanity with a chipped, repainted, re-chipped sink.  I couldn’t find any before pictures, but many of you have been to our house and now what it looked like.  I painted, measured the tile, wiped up the grout, and figured out the vanity installation.  Shane prepped the floor, cut and laid the tile, put the grout in, installed the vanity and mirror, reinstalled the toilets,  and redid the baseboards.  We had a few glitches along the way, but the worst one was when the pipes from our wall came out directly into a support board that divided our vanity drawers from the cupboard.  After much measuring and maneuvering by me, and some skillful jigsaw work by Shane, we got it to work.

Here are some pictures of the finished product:

 

JLM_2696  JLM_2699

3 comments:

stacey said...

oh my heck all this time I thought you were doing your master bathroom! that was a fun surprise, and it looks awesome! you'd better be careful- people are going to start hiring you out for your services!

Cindy said...

Can't wait for you to do ours!

Nate said...

Nice work!