Thursday, May 05, 2011

Butterflies–May 4, 2011

Every year, my mom sends us a package that contains caterpillars.  We keep them for two weeks in this little jar full of caterpillar food, and eventually, they turn into chrysalises.  On Sunday, the butterflies hatched, and yesterday, we decided it was time to let them go. 

IMG_6202  IMG_6204IMG_6206  IMG_6208

Landon following one of the butterflies, and Davis and Landon trying to get another butterfly to come out

IMG_6213  IMG_6216

Davis observing a butterfly that stayed on a flower for awhile

IMG_6219  IMG_6221IMG_6222  IMG_6223

Davis and Landon each with a butterfly on their flower

IMG_6225  IMG_6226IMG_6224  IMG_6228 

After releasing our butterflies, we headed over to the park to enjoy the mid-70-degree weather we were having.  It’s a good thing we did because today has been mostly rainy!  James loved just crawling around in the grass, so I took a few pictures there too.

IMG_6230  IMG_6231

Landon wanted to take a picture of me and James going down the slide – he did good on the first one . . .

IMG_6233  IMG_6234IMG_6237  IMG_6238

James crawled over to this fence, and soon the other two boys were over there with him

IMG_6240  IMG_6241

2 comments:

Kent & Christie Malan said...

That park is fun and convenient! Keep havin fun boys! Butterflies are so needed, and to think you took care to bring them to life! Wow!

Unknown said...

I was just wondering if those butterfly houses worked. Now that I know they do I might have to purchase one. I love reading your blog.