I just got home from Landon's 2-year doctor's appointment. The doctor said he was healthy and progressing as he should! He is in the 75th percentile for his height and weight, and still off the charts for his head circumference. Unfortunately, we had a bad accident when we got home. I was following Landon up the stairs outside our apartment, holding a gallon of milk in each hand. We made it up the stairs and in the front door. Landon went in ahead of me, and I set the gallons of milk down on the kitchen table (just inside the door). I turned around and Landon was already out the door and headed to the steps. I told him that he shouldn't go down without Mommy. Unfortunately, I think that made him think he had to get away from me, because then he started hurrying down the stairs, not holding onto the railing or anything. Sure enough, after only about five steps, Landon did what I have been fearing he would the entire last year we lived here - he tumbled forward, hitting his head right on the cement step just down from him, and rolled over and continued to fall down about six or seven steps. Fortunately, he hit the side of the stairs, and that stopped his fall for a second and I hurried and grabbed him. I was screaming as he fell, and he was of course crying. Luckily, he didn't seem to lose consciousness (as I heard him crying the whole way down and after, I don't think he did). He got a bad bump on his forehead, scraped up his nose, his arm, and his leg. He cried for awhile, but not too bad. A man came over from across the street to make sure we were okay. He said he thought for sure that Landon had broken his head open. I felt so grateful that nothing worse happened! I will be so glad to not have those stairs anymore!!! I took a picture of his scrapes, but you can see he's still smiling, so I think he'll survive!
No comments:
Post a Comment