Friday, June 26, 2015

June Happenings

June brought fewer weekend trip, but just as many activities going on to keep us busy.  With school out June 10 and lots of warm sunny days, we spent a lot of time playing outside!  I also began to realize how fast these last 13, then 12, then 11 weeks of pregnancy were going to go by, and so I got busy painting, and painted every bedroom in the house.

Shane took James on a couple of 5-mile runs, and James would bike with him and keep up pretty good.  James thinks it’s pretty fun to go out on a “run” with him.  The only bad experience was when he ran into our parked car as he came home one time.

IMG_2102  IMG_2173

Some friends invited Shane to go water skiing with them early one Friday morning, and Shane was happy to be out on the water for the first time in a long time.

IMG_2105  IMG_2108

The painting begins in Asher’s room (goodbye gold), followed by Davis and James’s, ours (seen below) and ending with Landon’s a week and a half later.

IMG_4784  IMG_4829

Our old neighbors had us over for dinner, and we reminisced about all the good times with our boys out playing in the cul-de-sac.

IMG_4843  IMG_2164

We took a fun trip to the zoo before school was out for summer.

IMG_4737  IMG_4735  IMG_4742

Asher and James played in the kinetic sand almost every day, Asher got started on cleaning toilets and driving the car.  “Mom, I drive!”  He’s growing up too fast. :) 

IMG_4732  IMG_4745  IMG_4788

I picked some strawberries with James and Super Asher one morning.  Our neighbors brought us their extra “slow” sign, and Asher affectionately nicknamed him “Nee-Nah” and treats him like another member of the family.

IMG_4791  IMG_4822

Asher is always telling me “I do it myself” when I try to buckle him up.  He’s getting pretty good at it.  He is also always happy to play with his good buddy Carter, especially if it involves riding his motorcycle.

IMG_4846  IMG_4826  IMG_4803

Landon has been learning about the Oregon Trail this year in fourth grade, so they had a culminating activity where they walked several miles pulling “wagons,” and then had some activities at the school the simulated different aspects of Oregon Trail life.  I went to help out for a couple of house and got a picture of him with his good friend Luke.  Every June is Cruisin’ Sherwood in Old Town, so we walked down to see all the cars.  Asher was especially excited to see any motorcycles or orange cars, and the other boys each wanted me to take a picture of them by one of their favorite cars.

IMG_4748  IMG_4835IMG_4839  IMG_4840IMG_4837

We celebrated 13 years of marriage with some delicious crepes at Chez Machin on Hawthorne, followed by a session at the place where it all began.

IMG_2177  IMG_2178  IMG_2179IMG_2180  IMG_2181

Davis was proud of a big hole he dug at the truck park, and Asher has already twice been caught coloring with markers on himself. 

IMG_4851  IMG_4858

Father’s Day was actually the same day as our anniversary this year.  We celebrated our anniversary a little early, and we had a fun day celebrating with Shane for Father’s Day.  We got him a new-to-us grill that I found on Craigslist for an awesome deal.  I drove out and got it myself, almost went into labor loading it in the van and unloading it with Kelly at his place, only to find out that Shane snooped in my email while I was gone and found out it was a grill before I gave it to him.  It has different attachments, including a kebab rack and a pizza stone.  We tried it out and made some delicious kebabs for dinner Sunday night.

JLM_9475  JLM_9489  JLM_9494

Landon also earned his Bear award at pack meeting this month.  It worked out great because normally Shane has Young Men’s those nights, but they had an activity a different night that week so we got to be there too.  They also worked on their flag for their group at cub scout camp next month.

JLM_9552  JLM_9556JLM_9557  JLM_9562JLM_9564  JLM_9546

1 comment:

Dan said...

Looks like lots of fun events as usual.