Saturday, April 18, 2015

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival

Every year since we first moved to Oregon, we’ve gone to the tulip festival in Woodburn.  The first year I went, Landon wasn’t even quite two years old.  The festival has grown a lot busier over the years, but it is still one of my favorite outings of the year.  Sometimes I go during the week when it is less busy, but then Shane doesn’t get to join us.  He wanted to come along this year, so we went on a Saturday.  The weather was beautiful, which made for lots of people, but it when you’re out walking through the tulips it is hardly noticeable. 

We started out with the usual activities – racing ducks, swinging on the horses, and riding down the bumpy slide. 

DSC_9136  DSC_9135DSC_9134  DSC_9153DSC_9155  DSC_9158  DSC_9147DSC_9160  DSC_9163  DSC_9165

After the games, we rode the tractor over to the tulips and enjoyed walking through them.  Every year I am once again amazed at how beautiful they are.  Tulips are definitely my favorite.

DSC_9251

Photos with all the boys looking at the camera were pretty much impossible.  We had bought a bag of kettle corn which helped keep Asher distracted and at least sitting with the boys in the pictures. 

DSC_9176  DSC_9224DSC_9182  DSC_9184

Asher really liked all of the tractors, especially this small kid-sized one.  Photo credit goes to Shane on this one.

DSC_9193DSC_9215  DSC_9217DSC_9203

I had Landon take a picture of Shane and I together to show we were there too. 

DSC_9234   DSC_9241

We always look at the names of the tulips, the colors, and smell them to choose our favorites.  Asher’s “smelling” was actually him blowing on the tulips, but he had fun joining in.

DSC_9243  DSC_9247  DSC_9248

Until next year . . .

DSC_9221

2 comments:

Camille said...

So fun! That tractor pic of Asher is pretty great. I couldn't convince Bryce to go to he tulip festival here because it's about 1hr1/2 away but maybe I can convince him next year by showing your pics! Or go without him!

Cindy said...

Loved the pictures. Asher on the tractor is a classic. Landon did a good job taking your photo. Good idea.