One year ago today, we went in for my 20-week ultrasound for Asher. I can still remember it like yesterday – the excitement to find out if we would have a boy or a girl, the ultrasound tech pausing on the heart and saying she needed some more time to examine it, the announcement that our new little boy would have Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, the rainbow in the sky that my friend Kara sad was God’s message to me, the visit with Asher’s cardiologist and coming to understand the challenges Asher would face, especially his first year of life – all the emotions and thoughts of that day are still very vivid in my mind. However, as I look back on this last year and all that has happened, I am overwhelmed by the miracles we have seen in Asher’s short seven months of life. We could only dream that he would do as amazing as he has. He is healthy, growing and developing like any normal seven month old, and a joy to have in our family.
We feel humbled by all of the prayers and support we have received from our family and friends over this past year. We have truly come to understand the strength that comes as others join with you to “bear your burdens.” We don’t know what the future will hold, but as President Monson says, and as we always remind ourselves when the fearful thoughts enter our minds, “the future is as bright as your faith.” We know that each day with Asher is a miracle and a blessing!
At seven months, here are some things Asher does:
- Army crawl/scoot all over the place
- Sit up
- Get up on his hands and knees (and sometimes one his hands and feet, in the yoga pose)
- Eats all sorts of soft baby food
- Sleeps for three naps a day, and from 8pm to 7am, waking just once to feed.
- Laugh, giggle, smile, and babble at his brothers
- Loves to read and look at books (and eat them)
- Loves when we sing to him
- Loves his bath, especially kicking his feet and splashing his hands in the water
- As you can see from the picture below, he also likes eating leaves . . . and anything else he can find left on the floor!
5 comments:
Cute pictures! It was fun to see him this weekend - can't believe how fast he's growing!
Oh he's such a sweet boy! I love his sweet smile and happy disposition! LOVE!
I LOVE HIM! what an amazing journey you've been on. so grateful you let me be apart of it. your faith is so bright!! i love you guys!!
Great pictures of a cute boy--what amazing miraculous little boy! I love that he is eating the leaves just like Avery!
I was just thinking about your family and wondering how Asher was doing. I am so grateful that he is doing so well and loved reading about him and seeing those cute pictures. I am not keeping up on my blog. Last spring I decided I needed to journal more and that took over. I am due with our 6th baby, a girl, in 6 weeks. Thanks for sharing your family.
Post a Comment