Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year, we were excited to have Shane’s parents come out to spend their first Thanksgiving at our house.  They flew in the day before Thanksgiving, and we had lots of fun activities while they were here.
This was my first Thanksgiving at our home.  I was glad Shane’s parents (especially Christie) were here to help get it all ready, and that I had my mom’s handy Thanksgiving shopping list, recipes, and timeline. 
While making the food, the boys made some Thanksgiving hats that my mom had sent them.  They had fun putting them together, and trying them on later.
IMG_7237  IMG_7238IMG_7239IMG_7241  IMG_7261
Our Thanksgiving feast was delicious.  We had all of the yummy fixings plus too many delicious pies to choose from.  We had lots of leftovers too, so it was great because I hardly had to cook the rest of the weekend!
IMG_7243  IMG_7245
Landon coloring a Turkey, and Kent and Christie helping get the punch on the table
IMG_7246  IMG_7247
Kelly playing with Davis and James, and a shot of me working in the kitchen
IMG_7249IMG_7250  IMG_7253
Our Thanksgiving table, and a couple of the place settings.  Landon wrote our names on the place cards and helped me make the oreo turkeys (which did not stay together very well!)
IMG_7255  IMG_7258
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving day, and it made me even thankful for my mom and Shane’s mom and all the work they have put into the many Thanksgivings we have spent at their houses!

A picture of Landon in front of our Thankful board.  
We decided to organize our thankful items by letter since Davis is always talking about what letter things start with.

1 comment:

becky said...

Great job! I like your thankful board. And the place settings turned out great! I like the placemats & napkins