This weekend, I got to take a break from regular life and go to another great weekend of Time Out for Morris Women. I think this is the third time we have got together for something like this. This year, we planned to go to my Grandma Landon’s house in Idaho Falls for our get-together. I flew into Salt Lake on Friday afternoon, and my mom, Stacey, Becky, and Camille picked me up from there and we headed straight up to Idaho Falls. Unfortunately, Liz wasn’t able to join us this year because she just started her new job, but we hope she can come next time. My mom and Stacey had driven out to Utah earlier in the week to spend some time before we headed up to Grandma’s. Shane was, as always, an amazing husband, and even acted excited about spending the weekend with the boys. I tried to get everything arranged so they could have a good weekend – meals, clothes ready for church, a friend to sit with the boys in Sacrament meeting on Sunday, etc. He may have changed his mind about his excitement now that he’s lived through the weekend, but they all seemed to have a fun time at home without me.
We had a great time together at Grandma’s. It was bitter cold, with even some snow on the ground, but we stayed inside most of the time. For our spiritual enlightenment this year, we each read a section of the new Relief Society book and shared what we had read. It is an amazing book! It made me excited and motivated to read the rest of the book now, as it has some amazing stories and quotes in it. We also did quite a bit of crafting this year, something a little new for us. We made some fun toddler bags with activities for our little kids, which included lacing cards, pipe cleaner beading, a felt board, shape matching puzzles, popsicle stick puzzles, key matching, and number wheels. We each chose one or two to bring the materials and do the prep work for, and we assembled and finished the projects there. Kallie and Ethan already used them at church yesterday and showed how fun they are! We also made a Mayflower boat for a centerpiece for our Thanksgiving tables. It was a bit of a project, but it seemed to pass quickly with all of us working together. Kallie and Ethan were so good while we worked (Stacey had her two kids, and Becky had baby Ryan.) Grandma showed us all how to piece together a quilt, and showed us some good tips for making it easier and more efficient.
Working on the felt boards for the toddler busy bags.
Stacey cutting out some felt shapes, and Kallie and I reading a story together.
Working on our designs for our foam-shape puzzle boards
Grandma giving us her quilting tips, and Becky asking Grandma a question
Working on the Mayflower, and Kallie and Ethan reading books on the stairs.
More Mayflower work, and Ethan helping out
Even with all of the “work,” we did have some time to relax and visit, and a few times we laughed so hard we cried, although I can’t remember what was so funny now! My aunts and uncles and some cousins that live nearby came by to say hi, and it was fun to visit with them. Sunday, I went to church and was able to see and visit with even more of them. I am always slightly jealous of all of them who have grown up living so close to each other. I wish I lived closer and could see and be with them more too. After church, we came home to a delicious dinner and then had to pack up to leave.
All of us together after church.
It was a great weekend. Thanks everyone for a great time – especially Grandma for providing the house and the great food (especially the yummy pie!), and Mom for arranging it all and making it happen! Can’t wait until next time!
1 comment:
How fun that you all get together. Your boys are sure growing. How can cute boys keep getting cuter? I love peeking in on you guys from time to time.
Post a Comment