I am definitely behind on my blog, so be prepared for a few “catch-up” posts over the next few days. Hopefully by Sunday I will be all caught up!
For Memorial Day weekend, we went to Ashland. The weather was not too great, but we still managed to find a few fun things to do inside or outside during dry moments. The hardest rain fell while I was doing the second half of my 11 mile run with Shane. Stacey started out and ran the first 6 with me, then Shane graciously agreed to cheer me on and run with me the second half. It had been dry and pleasant with Stacey, but just after Shane and I got running, it started raining – really raining. I could hardly see as I kept having to wipe away the water that was pouring into my eyes! I was about to give up and go back home, but Shane let me wear his hat, and we kept going and finished the 11 miles.
The rest of the weekend activities are pictured here.
Saturday:
James and Ethan enjoying some high chair time together. They are becoming pretty good buddies.
James relaxing with Shane, and the kids playing on Mom’s elliptical machine. It brought back memories of all the times we would play on Grandma Morris’s treadmill.
Reading books to the kids before bed:
Monday:
Playing on the playground at Helman school:
The boys had a little pull-up contest. I won’t say who won, but I will say my husband is quite impressive. :)
A t-ball/baseball game following the playground play:
The play of the game happened towards the end. Most of the kids had gone and sat down, and the big boys were hitting the ball together. Dad was going for a catch from way out after a big hit, and he didn’t realize Davis was still standing on the field. He took off in a full run for the ball, rammed right into Davis, and sent Davis flying into the air. We all cheered for Davis as he got up, hoping to distract from any fear or pain he was feeling, and it mostly worked, because he didn’t even cry, just got a little sad face.
Weenie Roast in the Park:
It was a fun weekend and we’re glad we got to go and relax there together!
1 comment:
I dont remember grandma's treadmill I remember her stationary bike that we used to always play on. just sayin. glad to see you back in the blogging world again
Post a Comment