Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Potty Training by the numbers

8 - Days Davis has been wearing his Lightning McQueen underwear

60 –Minutes it took for him to pee in the first pair of underwear

4 - Number of pairs of underwear he wore the first day

3 - Amount of times I’ve done a quick batch of underwear wash so he’d have a clean pair for the next day

0 – Number of minutes before we were supposed to leave for church when Davis, fully dressed to the shoes and already getting in the car announced, “Mom, me poopy.”  By some miracle, I got him inside, clothes off, underwear in the garbage can (didn’t want to deal with it), wiped down, pants (and diaper) back on, shoes tied, and back in the car to arrive at church on time.

1 – Number of nights Davis fortunately stayed dry since Shane forgot to put his diaper on before bed

39.99 – Dollars saved per month by potty training Davis

15+ Number of times per day I hear Davis answer me “No mom, me not,” when I ask him if he has to go potty.

5- Number of fingers dirty with poop when Davis first went poop in the potty and realized where his poop came from.

1 – Number of disgusted dads when he had to clean up the 5 poopy fingers (I was conveniently feeding James at that moment)

5 – Number of times he announced to me today “Mom, me haffa go potty!,” and we had an accident-free day!!!  Hopefully more to come!

2 comments:

Dave and Liz Morris said...

great post. I was laughing at everyone. Definitely makes up for the lack of pictures

Kent & Christie Malan said...

I love it! I know you don't; but what patience, or the lack thereof! Wow, you are definately data driven when it comes to potty training! Those numbers will decrease fast, right?