Sunday, September 27, 2009

And there September goes . . .

This month has been quite busy, with Shane working long hours as a project he’s been working on went live, while I rated a record amount of oral proficiency tests this month.  I can’t believe the month is already almost over!  I don’t think the busy life is going to slow down though, since last Sunday they reorganized our ward, essentially joining us with part of another ward, and Shane was made second counselor in the bishopric of our new ward.  For those of you that don’t know, a bishop is responsible for the spiritual and temporal welfare of a ward, or congregation of people, so Shane will assist the bishop in those responsibilities.  They have to do all new callings, as everyone was released from their previous callings with the new ward, so the next month or two will especially be busy as they try to get things organized.

We were so lucky to have Shane’s dad fly out to ordain Shane as a High Priest in the priesthood.  He was going to come out this next week with Shane’s mom, but he came early to be there for that, and Christie will still come out this week.  It was a neat experience and a wonderful blessing. 

Despite being busy, we did still have time for some fun, or course.   Here are a few pictures of what we’ve been up to the last month:

 

            IMG_3277 IMG_3278

Landon started preschool.  He loves it!  His only complaint is that Davis can’t go with him.  I had to of course get the token first-day-of-school-by-the-door picture.  Davis felt left out, and wanted to join in for one too.  You just can’t beat that cheezy little grin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_3286 IMG_3287

We made some pine cone birdfeeders with peanut butter and birdseeds.  We have some great pinecones perfect for it right in our front yard.  Landon has been checking every time he goes outside to see how much the birds have eaten.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_3288 IMG_3291

I guess Landon was missing the rain. I told him we’d have enough of it soon enough, but he wanted to make a puddle and try out the rain boots.  They both had fun jumping and splashing in the puddle they made with the hose and were of course filthy dirty afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_3296IMG_3301 IMG_3299 

We also had a great time with Grandpa Malan.  The boys loved running and playing and laughing with him.  We tried to not just let him work the whole time (although we did love all he did in the yard for us in the short time he was here!).  We went to the pirate ship park one day and to the zoo another.  Thanks for coming to spend time with us Grandpa Malan!

3 comments:

krimmeez said...

Congrats to Shane. I'm sure you'll be extra blessed with having him in the bishopric. The boys are getting so big. Does Landon like preschool? Were you sad to see him go? They grow up so fast! My kids are excited to get new rain boots this year too! Looks like we'll get to try some out this week.

Leslie Lynn said...

Wow! A lot going on right now. I have heard that a bishopric can form friendships to last a lifetime (amongst themselves). You have such cute kids. SO glad that Landon enjoys preschool. Your wonderful Jessica!

Bethany said...

Wow Jess! And I thougt we were busy here!